FIRST AUSTRALIANS AND CULTURAL HERITAGE POLICY
Allup Silica understands the fundamental importance of working with Australia’s First Peoples to protect and maintain their strong cultural connections with the land.
It is committed to engaging in meaningful and respectful partnerships with their representatives, landholders and communities who either reside, or have a cultural connection to areas within the zone of our operations. We recognise how integral this is to the social and economic success and cohesion of our communities, and it is our intention to take a leadership role in achieving this.
We understand that land use agreements under Native Title legislation are required before being granted access to the land we wish to operate, and that both financial and non-financial benefits are to be agreed upon and detailed.
Allup Silica is committed to the leadership role it holds, and will always strive to engage with First Nation communities in a professional and respectful way, so that positive benefits can flow from its operations.
It respects the rights and interests of Australia’s First Peoples and values and supports the diversity of their cultural knowledge and histories.
Our goals will include working towards these benchmarks:
- Actively engaging with and listening to the communities that our operations may impact.
- Working collaboratively to implement cultural heritage management practices and processes that identify and protect significant cultural heritage places and items, whilst still building the opportunities that the land-based mining operations and development enables.
- Promoting work opportunities within our mining operations for local peoples.
- Where practicable, implementing tailored entry and career development pathways for First Nations’ professionals, apprentices, trainees and workers.
- Where practicable, extending our procurement programs to First Nations’ businesses, and particularly so if they form part of the communities in which we operate.
- Supporting industry-wide practice that continues to build upon the broad appreciation for the cultural heritage of
Allup Silica holds itself accountable not only to the highest industry standards, but to its own strict requirements for ethical conduct. We know that it is only by working together that we can achieve positive and beneficial outcomes.